Saturday, March 2, 2013

Every generation thinks they had the best music in history...Thinks you note I noted...or said...or somethin'. Thing is, those of us who were born from about 1955 to 1965... and graduated from High School from about 1972 or '73 to the early 80s (Class of '75 here)..Know we grew up listening to, dancing to, rocking out to, and singing along with the absolute best music ever written, sung, recorded and performed.

  Do I have proof?? They're remaking loads of Seventies songs and trying to claim them as their own. Thing is it's not gonna work. With all their flaws, and there were many, the Sixties and Seventies were ours, and the music was awesome, classic, and forever...and most importantly, it belonged to us. The Teens of The Sixties and Seventies.

And that's what this blog's dedicated to...the music of The Sixties and The Seventies...with a few fifties and eighties tunes that approach the proper level of awesomeness thrown in. (Notice I said approach...none of'em quite make it!) I know, there are tons and tons of similar blogs on The Web...and this will just be another one. Will it be better than any of the others...I hope so, but I'm a realist. But I know I'm gonna enjoy working on it. And I hope you all enjoy listening to them. And a bunch of you'll sing along with 'em...and you KNOW ya will!

No comments:

Post a Comment