Monday, March 4, 2013

Toto I´ll be over you

 I'll Be Over You
 1986
ToTo



There was still some decent music back in 'The 80s', therefore I'm going to declare this one an Honorary Seventies Song. 'I'll Be Over You' really is that good, and it has that '70s' sound to it, despite being released in 1986. But then again it was recorded by 'ToTo', and that band formed ten years earlier, in '76.

I'll Be Over You was from ToTo's 1986 album Fahrenheit, and made it to #13 on the Billboard top 100. It's been played so much and around so long on Oldies Stations that I truly think some of us had forgotten that it actually came out in the 80's ( Full disclosure here...I was thinking around '78 or '79)

As for ToTo...the band's gone through a multitude of changes since 1976, and broke up altogether in 2008 , to be reformed, with none of the original members, in 2010. The original members of the band...AKA The Genuine ToTo...were inducted into the Musician's Hall of Fame in 2009.

I'll Be Over You was a bit softer than much of their music, and quickly became a 'Top 40' staple, and as we, they, and the song aged, an 'Oldies station' staple...you'll still hear it on 96.5 (Richmond's classic Rock), 107.3 (Richmond's oldies station) and 106.9 (Oldies station out of Newport News) occasionally.

I can bet you that anyone who's ever broken up with his/her 'girl/boy friend was bound to hear 'I'll Be Over You' one within an hour or two after said break-up occurred!

Enjoy! 'I'll Be Over You' by ToTo

No comments:

Post a Comment